Part-Time Instr, Intensive Eng
Position Number: AJ0242
Job Type: Faculty
FT/PT: Part Time
Employee Class Description: Faculty Adjunct
General Position Description:
Responsible for teaching in a continuing education discipline in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, and facilitates in a manner to promote and guide successful student knowledge/skill acquisition, either on-campus or at off-campus sites, in keeping with Valencia's learning-centered values and goals. Language instructors guide successful language acquisition in keeping with the Communicative Approach to foreign language instruction.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Posting Number: F390P
Primary Work Location: Kissimmee, FL 34744 -Osceola Campus
If multiple locations, what are the other locations: Orlando, FL 32811 -West Campus, Kissimmee, FL 34744 -Osceola Campus
Proposed Work Schedule (please note hours subject to change based on business needs): Seeking availability for courses Monday to Friday on campus from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm (IEP) and Monday to Friday online from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm (VELT).
Number of Vacancies: 12
Posting Start Date: 05/19/2022
Posting End Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Temporary Position (Temp or Grant Funded Details):
Salary Range: PAGE 13 (https://valenciacollege.edu/employees/human-resources/documents/salary-schedules-for-fiscal-year-2020-2021.pdf)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares for and conducts instructor-led courses and/or workshops utilizing the provided lesson plans, materials and technologies.
2. Maintains a safe classroom environment conducive to communicative, student-centered participation and knowledge/skill transfer.
3. Communicates effectively with administration via email and in person regarding student issues, teacher contracts, teaching schedules and other program-related items.
4. Serves as a liaison between administration and students to communicate program information, student issues, schedule updates, and related organized activities, as necessary.
5. Follows department guidelines and manuals on student homework, assessment, grading, and closing out courses.
6. May participate in and/or contribute to curriculum development by planning, developing, and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum.
7. Participates in implementing policies, guiding principles, objectives and functions in accordance with the philosophy of Continuing Education and Valencia College.
8. Keeps current on discipline specific methodology and implements new ideas into classroom instruction. Integrates feedback from department administration to improve student learning.
9. Participates in training and professional development programs as required by the department. Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs and certification requirements.
10. Familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies and practices.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Required Field of Study:
Other Required Qualifications:
Facilitation/instruction experience for particular teaching position.
High level of proficiency in target language relevant to desired market.
Preferred Education & Field of Study:
Masters Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Preferred Type of Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values and goals.
Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing.
Ability to develop strategies that will promote successful acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities in a learning-centered environment.
Ability to use observational, verbal or written assessment to direct and enhance learning.
Ability to form an inclusive environment that respects diverse students, talents and methods of learning.
Ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including but not limited to; on-line deliver, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
General Working Conditions:
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. The employee will routinely operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, keyboards, mouse, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Typical physical competencies include but are not limited to frequently remaining stationary, moving, reaching, positioning self and occasionally ascending/descending, lifting/moving objects weighing between 5-15 pounds. This job also entails frequently communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus. Cognitive abilities include but are not limited to frequently using discretion, judgment, reasoning, memory, learning, maintaining confidentiality, comprehension, problem solving, and decision-making.
The typical work environment, physical and cognitive demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The College has a process to identify and make available reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Specific Working Conditions:
This job also operates in a classroom setting and may use equipment such as microphones and audio/videorecorders.
Must be able to travel locally on a flexible schedule, as needed. Must have reliable transportation, and proof of liability and property damage insurance on the vehicle used may be required.
All employees must demonstrate a commitment to Valencia Colleges Equity and Inclusion efforts.
To apply, visit https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/17603
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency